Hi – and welcome to the world of the Minnesota High School Cycling League
Want to know how to get started?
If you haven’t done this yet,
- Find a Team – Find a coach
- Practices Start in July
- Try it Out Sessions through the summer
- Starting late in the season is tougher, because the kids will all have experience, and it shows in the race events
The coach is your Point Person to guide you through this, regarding the team, training your rider, advising on equipment, needing your support. They are trained and certified. The Coach invites you via email to log in to the Pitzone where you will Register for the league, fill in electronic paperwork, pay for races
NICA GRiT MN – is the organization that supports girl riders. We encourage boy and girl riders, however this provides a little more community for girls who may be hesitant to ride. Women coaches and staff are available.
Signup for Single Track Times to come right to your email address. Single Track Times is a Periodic Newsletter with upcoming events and subject-specific articles.
Look around in the MN High School Cycling League Website to discover:
- Who we are: values, staff, who to contact
- Event schedules: Races, Race Flyers, Results & Photos, camps and league activities
- Our sponsors
At the Races: Several Options on the website will give you an idea of what to expect at a race:
- FAQ’s explaining terminology, facilities at the race, race etiquette Racer FAQs Race FAQs
- Race Videos
Get Involved! Volunteer for the races. There are many volunteer positions, and we need you. You will meet other parents, the race core staff and it’s Fun!
Watch your rider race. Encourage them. Feed them. They are taking on a challenge that will help them grow.