New Support for Coaches! Demo Team
The mission of the Demo Team is to provide a consistent level of bike skills instruction, and to demonstrate best practices to coaches statewide. Joel Woodward, Coach League Manager, states his goal as, "More support, not more requirement". The Demo Team is the first effort in pursuit of that goal.
2018 Demo Team members from around the state include:
- Julie "Jules" Gujer
- Jackie Karsten : Mankato
- Bonnie Larson
- Rich Van Sickle
- Bill Welsh : Armstrong High School
- Joel Woodward : Minneapolis
- At the Coach Summit, the Demo Team will focus on the 'On The Bike Skills Instruction' (formerly MTB 101).
- For 2017 Preseason, the demo team will be offering 'On The Bike Skills' clinics spread out over the state. We will be releasing the details and locations for those clinics soon. (In this space!)
- The Demo Team is available to consult and communicate with you and come on site, to ride with your team, to meet with coaches and offer support. Contact Joel Woodward at Joelw@minnesotamtb.org.for more information.
The Demo Team has tasked itself with developing and testing coaching and instruction curriculum, drawing on training from the national coaching training in Park City Utah and Eagle Colorado, IMBA ICP and PMBIA, This curriculum, a work in progress, will offer thoughtful and rigorously tested support to the coaches statewide in the months and years to come.