RACE #2 – Lake Rebecca Trail
Sat/Sun Sept. 7 and 8th, 2019
RACE TRAIL DESCRIPTION:
This course offers just about every type of terrain to make a racer smile. Fast and flowing tracks through open prairie, tightly-woven single track through dense forests, and rolling hills! Throughout this 4.3 mile course, a rider will get a healthy mix of fun and challenging terrain.
RACE TRAIL LOCATION/DIRECTIONS:
9831 Rebecca Park Trail (Highway 50)
Rockford, MN 55373
View the Lake Rebecca Website
Upon arrival to Lake Rebecca Park, there will be Park staff and directional signs guiding you to parking areas. Check the maps below, or the interactive Google Map for marked parking areas. Watch for Minnesota League signs and follow directions of parking staff
- Allow extra time for arrivals and parking!
- Drop your riders and their gear in the drop zone then find a parking place.
Saturday and Sunday
- Drive into the Park and follow the direction of parking staff.
- If you arrive early, you will most likely find parking available within the park, Parking staff will direct you – follow their instructions.
- If there is no parking in the park when you arrive, you can drop your rider and gear, and then proceed to overflow parking, available at the Delano High School (see the map below).
- Bus shuttles will be running approximately every 15 minutes between 7:30 and 3:30PM. Every other bus will pull a trailer to haul gear to and from the trailhead. The ride will take about 7 minutes, but you will need to allow for loading/unloading of gear. Allow plenty of time to ensure you see your races.
- Be sure you plan to hop a bus back to the Overflow lot, to move your car into a park lot before the shuttles stop.
- No trailers are allowed in the parking areas.
AVAILABLE PARKING AREAS
Working with Three Rivers Park District and the Delano High School, there are a number of designated parking areas for this weekend’s event.
- Lot C is reserved for permit/pass parking and handicapped parking only. An unattached car-size team trailer can use a pass, but no additional team vehicle will be allowed.
- Lot D is an event parking area and can be used as a drop off point for riders and gear.
- Lot E is an event parking area.
- Lot F is reserved for emergency vehicles, staff, and overflow handicapped.
No trailers are allowed in the parking areas (exception: Read Lot C criteria above).
Point C is where the shuttle (see info on shuttle below) will drop off people and gear. We encourage you to utilize this area to drop off bikes and racers, then proceed to the Delano Campus to park. Walk along the trail to Point B, and you will have arrived at the infield.
PARKING TIPS: Shuttle from Alternate Lots
OVERFLOW PARKING LOTS, SHUTTLE SERVICE AND GEAR HAULING (Lots A, B, C, D and G Only)
– Shuttle Pickup in Delano is LOT A.
Allow extra time to ensure your rider arrives on time for their race.
– Shuttle service will end at 3:30pm or after awards. If parking slots open up later in the day in Lot D or Lot E, you may take the shuttle and move your car to one of these locations.
There are five available parking lots at the Delano High School Campus which are only 3 miles from the event. Bus Shuttles will be running every 15 minutes between 7:30am and 3:30pm (or until awards end) from the overflow parking areas to the infield area. Every other bus shuttle will pull a trailer to haul gear from the parking areas to the trailhead. This shuttle ride takes about 7 minutes, not including load, unload time and the short walk to the infield. We will run the shuttles until after the awards ceremony.
PARKING TIP: Carpool to the event!
Park staff, MN League directional signs and volunteers will be on hand to assist with parking. Please follow their instructions.
RACE DAY SUPPORT –
(TBD) will be available (dates) to provide last minute adjustments and repairs.
NEED A RACE FLYER?
Flyers are not available at the race. Print this page. The Best Print Layout? Portrait Style with narrow margins.
WHICH TEAMS ARE RACING?
See which teams will be racing at each race. Team Bye-Weeks Chart
“BEFORE” RACE-DAY UPDATES
Any changes will be announced on the MN High School League Facebook Page
RACE DAY UPDATES VIA TEXT
Subscribe to Rained Out App for Race Day Updates
Text MNMTBLEAGUE to 84483 to sign up.
RACE DAY KIOSK:
Questions once you get to the race? Stop by our Race Day Information Kiosk for the latest on race day schedules, updates and results. Located near the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY PREPARATION
RACE READY CHECKLIST:
In order to race, each racer needs to be Race Ready in the Pit Zone.
- Pit Zone information entered (once per season)
- Release forms completed electronically in the Pit Zone
- MN League Fee Paid
- SuperPass purchased by Aug 15 or Individual Race Fee paid.
Each racer is expected to know their category and wave for their race. This information will help them go to the correct staging location prior to their race.
Racers can ask their coaches or view the list available near the Registration Trailer on race day for this information. If a racer misses their call-up to the staging area, they will have to stage at the back of their wave or at the back of the next wave.
BEFORE RACE WEEKEND:
Category Change Petitions: Must be submitted by Midnight on the Monday before the next race. The MN League will not accept Category Change Petitions during a race weekend. Petitions are no longer accepted after Race 3.
Coach on Duty : The acting COD for your team is expected to be onsite at the venue and available without delay to be contacted by race officials from pre-ride, during the races and until the race results are finalized. View the Current Roster. Use the online update Form or Report Coach on Duty Updates to the Referee at the Maxxis tent.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- Set up your team tents in your pre-assigned tent space – (FB Coaches Page or a map near the reg trailer).
- Report Last Minute Coach on Duty Updates for this race to the Referee at the Maxxis tent.
- Race Day Saturday, 12:00 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Race Day Sunday, 8:30AM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Final lap count decision per category will be announced at the start of each race. Lap Count may change due to weather conditions.
- Report riders who are not racing as “Did Not Start/DNS” to the Referee at the Maxxis Tent before or during their race.
- Report riders who did not finish the race as “Did Not Finish/DNF” to the Referee at the Maxxis Tent during or after the race.
- Coaches have a short window to register a protest once the preliminary results of each race are posted. Race results will be final once all protests are completed. No protests are accepted after the race day.
We need your help! Parents, spectators and racers. Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions here. Race positions are posted! Online volunteer registration closes at 7PM the evening before a race. To register on the day of a race, stop by the Volunteer tent by the Registration Trailer.
NEW TO THE MN LEAGUE?
Check out our MN League Race FAQs regarding race site, racer info, spectator info, and terminology
– Drones are prohibited at all Minnesota High School Cycling League Events
– No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, and no open fires.
– No dogs off-leash.
– A Concession stand will be on site.
– Be considerate of our venue and use the trash receptacles.
- Preliminary Race Results will be posted at the Race Information Kiosk near the Registration Trailer approximately 30 minutes after the last rider has completed the race. Once the announcement is made that results are posted, this is the start of a short Protest Period, where COACHES may contest the results with the MN League Referee. No protests are accepted after the race day.
- Race results will be final once all protests are completed.
- Final Race Results will be posted to the MN League website (usually by end of day Tuesday following a race).
Note regarding Race Results from the online app: It’s your Race.
These are immediate timing results only. Penalties and scoring rules may not be reflected. Data will change throughout the race. Internet status affects the availability and updates of data.
REAL TIME RACE RESULTS APP
Download to your phone.
- Download ITS YOUR RACE app
- Find “Minnesota MTB”
- Select a race category
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #2:
Tuesday 9/3/19 at Midnight
Online registration in the Pit Zone will close on Tuesday 9/3/2019 at Midnight for online race registration.
REGISTER ON RACE WEEKEND:
The registration trailer will be open to process race fees and accept waiver submissions. All onsite registration includes a $10 late fee.
- Saturday from 12:00pm – 4:00PM
- Sunday from 7:00am – 1:00pm
All racers must register at least one hour prior to their race start time.
Waivers with parental signature can be submitted.
Cash, Credit Cards or Checks made payable to “MN League” are accepted.
2019 Race Fees
MN League Registration Fee
– $100 Paid Once Online
– $110 Paid Once if paid Onsite (includes late fee)
MN Race Fee, Per Race
– $50 Paid Online by Midnight Tuesday prior to race
– $60 Paid Onsite (Includes $10 Late Fee)
All registered racers receive a permanent number plate from their coach with a pre-installed chip on the back at the beginning of the season. For those who were registered in the correct division and category before August 1, the rider’s name may be printed on their initial plate.
- Each racer will use the same number plate for the entire season.
- For each race, secure the number plate to the front handle bars of the bike for pre-ride and for the race.
- Attach a matching number plate to the back of a rider’s jersey, just above the waist.
- Remove and protect the number plates after each race, taking care not to damage the chip. Do not leave the number plate on a car’s bike-rack.
- Replacement number plates are available at Registration for $35 (you must allow 1 hr to replace a plate).
- If you don’t receive a number plate from your coach, visit the Registration Trailer for assistance.
Questions on how to REGISTER for a RACE?
- New Rider registration occurs online in the Pit Zone, rather than in person at the race. Once registration for the MN League is complete (Waivers, Emergency Contacts, Insurance Info, etc).
- There is also fee for each race. Register online in the Pit Zone before Midnight on the Tuesday of Race week, or Pay the race fee onsite at the registration trailer including a late fee. Riders who bought the SuperPass before August 15, 2019, have already paid for all races.
- To access Pitzone, every rider needs to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online.
– Contact your Team Director or Head Coach to be invited.
– Independent riders request an invite to Pitzone via email.
WHO CAN PRE-RIDE?
- Only riders who have registered and have race numbers displayed on their bikes.
- Registered Coaches with Coach Plates (Provided by the Head Coach)