RACE #3 – Summit Lake Farm WI – Sat/Sun. Sept. 14-15, 2019
SUMMIT LAKE RACE TRAIL MAP (Click to Link to Google map!)
– Summit Lake Farm and Campground
– 3730 N Marsh Lake Rd, Stone Lake, WI 54876
The best way to access Summit Lake is to turn off County Road F on to W Right of Way Rd. Down .2 of a mile make a right on N Marsh Lake Rd. You will see a large sign for Summit Lake Game Farm & Campground with an arrow. This road will pass the camp ground and terminate at the venue.
Using the back entrance is discouraged, however your GPS may tell you to turn off County Road F at the southern access (Summit Lake Road). This will bring you into the back side of the property. You can access the parking. However, the road is narrow, rough and there is no parking in both directions.
RACE TRAIL DESCRIPTION:
This trail is an all-new mountain biking course of 3.3 miles with a combination of single track and grass double track. Ample passing opportunities exist within the course and on the trail. The terrain is rolling hills and covers several ecological zones as the course rolls past hidden lakes, hill tops and prairies. Total elevation gain is ~250 ft. per lap. The soil is mixture of sand/clay and rocks.
This trail is NOT open to the public.
Parking is in a grass field across a gravel road from the race course infield. The walk is ~150-200 yards depending on your parking space. The walk way will be clearly marked directing you to the infield using race course signs. Teams may leave trailers overnight. Please be cautious when parking, leaving RVs or untended trailers.
As always, watch for Minnesota League signs and follow directions of parking staff.
Dry camping will be directly across from the parking area. Please check in at the Summit Lake Restaurant in the parking lot to get your camping assignment. For those who have registered for tent camping (for Friday-Saturday or Saturday only), full Details will be sent to you via email.
If you are registered for RV hookups camping at the Summit Lake Campground, follow the instructions from when you registered with the campground. RV Camping is Full.
Camping reservations must be made in advance. No day of registrations are allowed.
Camping registration closes Wednesday Sept, 11, at 10PM.
Water: There is not a close water source to the PitZone. Water is available from a hose on the side of the equipment shed across the parking lot from the Summit Lake Lodge & Restaurant.
Cellular: Cell phone coverage can be spotty in the PitZone. Average 3G and spotty 4G are found around the rest of the property. Verizon seems to have the best coverage.
Food: There is a full restaurant (Summit Lake Grill) on site and they will be catering food (breakfast, lunch & coffee) at the PitZone.
We need your help! Parents, spectators and racers. Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions here. Race positions are posted!
RACE DAY SUPPORT
There will be no neutral support available at this venue.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #3:
Tuesday 9/10/19 at Midnight. Pit Zone closes for online race registration for Race #3. A late fee will apply to all onsite registration.
NEED A RACE FLYER?
Flyers are not available at the race. Print this page. The Best Print Layout? Portrait Style with narrow margins.
“BEFORE” RACE-DAY UPDATES
Any changes will be announced on the MN High School League Facebook Page
RACE DAY UPDATES VIA TEXT
Subscribe to Rained Out App for Race Day Updates
Text MNMTBLEAGUE to 84483 to sign up.
WHICH TEAMS ARE RACING?
See which teams will be racing at each race. Team Bye-Weeks Chart
RACE DAY KIOSK:
Questions once you get to the race? Stop by our Race Day Information Kiosk for the latest on race day schedules, updates and results. Located near the Registration Trailer.
FM SIMULCAST: We live broadcast each race on FM Radio.
- Bring a portable FM receiver to keep up with the racing action and hear announcements when you are out of range of the PA system.
- Exact frequencies will be announced at each venue.
RACE DAY PREPARATION
RACE READY CHECKLIST:
In order to race, each racer needs to be Race Ready in the Pit Zone.
- Pit Zone information entered (once per season)
- Release forms completed electronically in the Pit Zone
- MN League Fee Paid
- SuperPass purchased by Aug 15 or Individual Race Fee paid
Each racer is expected to know their category and wave for their race. This information will help them go to the correct staging location prior to their race.
Racers can ask their coaches or view the list available near the Registration Trailer on race day for this information. If a racer misses their call-up to the staging area, they will have to stage at the back of their wave or at the back of the next wave.
BEFORE RACE WEEKEND:
Category Change Petitions: Must be submitted by Midnight on the Monday before the next race. The MN League will not accept Category Change Petitions during a race weekend. Petitions are no longer accepted after Race 3.
Coach on Duty : The acting COD for your team is expected to be onsite at the venue and available without delay to be contacted by race officials from pre-ride, during the races and until the race results are finalized. View the Current Roster. Use the online update Form or Report Coach on Duty Updates to the Referee at the SHIMANO tent.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- Set up your team tents in your pre-assigned tent space – (FB Coaches Page or a map near the reg trailer).
- Report Last Minute Coach on Duty Updates for this race to the Referee at the SHIMANO tent.
- Race Day Saturday, 12:00 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Race Day Sunday, 8:30AM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Final lap count decision per category will be announced at the start of each race. Lap Count may change due to weather or trail conditions.
- Report riders who are not racing as “Did Not Start/DNS” to the Referee at the SHIMANO Tent before or during their race. This is a safety consideration.
- Report riders who did not finish the race as “Did Not Finish/DNF” to the Referee at the SHIMANO Tent during or after the race.
- Coaches have a short window to register a protest once the preliminary results of each race are posted. Race results will be final once all protests are completed. No protests are accepted after the race day.
We need your help! Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up before the race on Volunteer Spot!
NEW TO THE MN LEAGUE?
Check out our MN League Race FAQs regarding race site, racer info, spectator info, and terminology
– Drones are prohibited at all Minnesota High School Cycling League Events
– No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, and no open fires.
– No dogs off-leash.
– Concessions will be available on site.
– Be considerate of our venue and use the trash receptacles.
- Preliminary Race Results will be posted at the Race Information Kiosk near the Registration Trailer approximately 30 minutes after the last rider has completed the race. Once the announcement is made that results are posted, this is the start of a short Protest Period, where COACHES may contest the results with the MN League Referee. No protests are accepted after the race day.
- Race results will be final once all protests are completed.
- Final Race Results will be posted to the MN League website (usually by end of day Tuesday following a race).
REAL TIME RACE RESULTS APP
Download to your phone.
- Download ITS YOUR RACE app
- Find “Minnesota MTB”
- Select a race category
Note regarding Race Results from the online app: It’s your Race.
These are immediate timing results only. Penalties and scoring rules may not be reflected. Data will change throughout the race. Internet status affects the availability and updates of data. Cellular coverage is spotty at this location.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #3:
Tuesday 9/10/19 at 11:59PM, Online Race 3 registration in the Pit Zone closes.
REGISTER ON RACE WEEKEND:
- The registration trailer will be open to process race fees and accept waiver submissions. All onsite registration includes a $10 late fee. See the Registration Schedule Below.
- All racers must register at least one hour prior to their race start time.
- Waivers with parental signature can be submitted.
- Cash, Credit Cards or Checks made payable to “MN League” are accepted.
MN League Registration Fee
– $100 Paid Once Online
– $110 Paid Once if paid Onsite (includes late fee)
MN Race Fee, Per Race
– $50 Paid Online by Midnight Tuesday prior to race
– $60 Paid Onsite (Includes $10 Late Fee)
All registered racers receive a permanent number plate from their coach with a pre-installed chip on the back at the beginning of the season. For those who were registered in the correct division and category before August 1, the rider’s name may be printed on their initial plate.
- Each racer will use the same number plate for the entire season.
- For each race, secure the number plate to the front handle bars of the bike for pre-ride and for the race.
- Attach a matching number plate to the back of a rider’s jersey, just above the waist.
- Remove and protect the number plates after each race, taking care not to damage the chip. Do not leave the number plate on a car’s bike-rack.
- Replacement number plates are available at Registration for $35 (you must allow 1 hr to replace a plate).
- If you don’t receive a number plate from your coach, visit the Registration Trailer for assistance.
Questions on how to REGISTER for a RACE?
- New Rider registration occurs online in the Pit Zone, not in person at the race. Once registration for the MN League is complete (Waivers, Emergency Contacts, Insurance Info, etc), you may pay fees for a race at the venue.
- There is also fee for each race. Register online in the Pit Zone before Midnight on the Tuesday of Race week, or Pay the race fee onsite at the registration trailer including a late fee. Riders who bought the SuperPass before August 15, 2019, have already paid for all races.
- To access Pitzone, every rider needs to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online.
– Contact your Team Director or Head Coach to be invited.
– Independent riders request an invite to Pitzone via email.
Pre-Ride is a chance to get an up-close view at the course before the race. The rider can study the trail, the challenges, the opportunities. This is not a sprint through the course.
WHO CAN PRE-RIDE?
- Only riders who have registered and have race numbers displayed on their bikes.
- Registered Coaches with Coach Plates (Provided by the Head Coach)
We recommend that all racers pre-ride the course.
Riders should pass any workers on the course with great care.
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival (Visit the Chequamegon Site for up-to-date)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 – CHEQUAMEGON
- 10:00 a.m. 40 START at Primary School/Hayward WI
- 10:00 a.m. SHORT & FAT START at The Great Hall 14875 McNaught Rd, Cable, WI
Minnesota League Schedule
5 PM – Setup complete
Evening –Pit Zone assignments are posted online
Saturday Non-Race Activities
9 AM – Pre-ride begins
12 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting
12:15 PM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
1 PM – Pre-ride closes
1 PM – 4PM Framed Skills Challenge
Saturday Racing – Middle School
Sunday – Non-Race Activities
7:30 AM – Pre-ride opens
8:30 AM – Mandatory Coaches meeting
8:45 AM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
9:30 AM – Pre-ride closes
Sunday Racing – High School
(*Lap counts below may be changed to fit the category time window)
1:33 PM – Girls JV3 Start (3 Laps*)
1:36 PM – Girls JV2/Freshman Start (2 Laps*)