GRiT MN is an outreach program of the MN High School Cycling League focused on recruiting and retaining female athletes, coaches, ride leaders and volunteers.
GRiT MN goals are to:
- inspire young women to build confidence, strength of character, and empowerment through off-road cycling
- increase female athlete participation rates in the league by introducing girls to the sport of off-road cycling
- provide a fun and welcoming sisterhood for female athletes – beginners through veteran riders
- provide role models for female athletes through increasing women involved in leadership roles with the league – coaches, assistant coaches, ride leaders and volunteers.
Where is GRiT at the Races?
Checkout the GRiT Tent at each race in the Infield.
Who is part of the GRiT MN Sisterhood?
Too Young for the League?
Do you know a girl who may be interested in mountain biking but is too young to be part of the league? GRiT has some suggestions!
GRiT MN Activities
- Try It Out Sessions
- GRiT Practices – coaches can request a special GRiT practice for their female athletes. Experienced female mountain bike coaches can run a fun practice/ride or a mountain bike skills session.
- GRiT Pre-Rides and Social Events
- GRiT Tent Activities on Race Days
GRiT MN and Try It Out!
Are you. . . .
- thinking about mountain biking but not sure if it’s your thing?
- a beginner rider and would like the hear more about mountain biking and ride with other girls?
- a current rider and want to share your experiences to encourage more girls to join?
- a current rider and want to bring a friend to show her how great it is?
Well, then come and join GRiT MN at a Try It Out Session!
At all the MN High School Cycling League Try It Out Sessions there will be experienced female mountain bike coaches to show female athletes the basics about mountain biking and guide them through a mountain bike ride.
Meet other female riders, go over some basic skills, then take a ride with other girls in a fun, comfortable environment. Register for a Try it Out Session. Bring your own bike or use one a demo bike provided by the MN High School Cycling League that you reserved during registration. Meet in the parking lot. Look for the MN High School League trailer.
GRiT MN Pre-Ride Events
We are looking to host GRiT Pre-Ride and Social Events at a few of the races this season.
Updates to follow in late Summer.
Questions or Suggestions? Do you have other ideas of events you’d like to see? Email Nicole Butler GRiT MN Director.
What Can You Do To Help?
Spread the word about the MN High School Cycling League to all the girls and women you know! Tell them about the GRiT MN events. Direct them to the GRiT Facebook Page, the MN High School Cycling Facebook Page or to the MN High School Cycling League website.
Want to stay connected with the latest news?
Join the MN League Single Track Times newsletter today!
For real time updates