NICA GRiT MN goals are to:
- inspire young women to build confidence, strength of character, and empowerment through off-road cycling
- increase female athlete participation rates in the league by introducing girls to the sport of off-road cycling
- provide a fun and welcoming sisterhood for female athletes – beginners through veteran riders
- provide role models for female athletes through increasing women involved in leadership roles with the league – coaches, assistant coaches, ride leaders and volunteers.
Where is GRiT at the Races?
Checkout the GRiT Tent at each race in the Infield.
Who is part of the NICA GRiT MN Sisterhood?
Too Young for the League?
Do you know a girl who may be interested in mountain biking but is too young to be part of the league? NICA GRiT has some suggestions!
NICA GRiT MN Activities
- Try It Out Sessions
- NICA GRiT Practices – coaches can request a special GRiT practice for their female athletes. Experienced female mountain bike coaches can run a fun practice/ride or a mountain bike skills session.
- GRiT Pre-Rides and Social Events
- GRiT Tent Activities on Race Days
NICA GRiT MN Try It Out!
Are you. . . .
- thinking about mountain biking but not sure if it’s your thing?
- a beginner rider and would like the hear more about mountain biking and ride with other girls?
- a current rider and want to share your experiences to encourage more girls to join?
- a current rider and want to bring a friend to show her how great it is?
Well, then come and join NICA GRiT MN at a Try It Out Session!
At all the MN High School Cycling League Try It Out Sessions there will be experienced female mountain bike coaches to show female athletes the basics about mountain biking and guide them through a mountain bike ride.
Meet other female riders, go over some basic skills, then take a ride with other girls in a fun, comfortable environment. Bring your own bike or use one of the demo bikes that will be available provided by the MN High School Cycling League. Meet in the parking lot. Look for the MN High School League trailer.
As we have a limited amount of demo bikes, e-mail email@example.com to ensure there will be a bike available.
NICA GRiT MN Pre-Ride Events
We are looking to host NICA GRiT Pre-Ride and Social Events at a few of the races this season.
Updates to follow in late Summer.
Questions or Suggestions? Do you have other ideas of events you’d like to see? Email Nicole Butler NICA GRiT MN Director.
What Can You Do To Help?
Spread the word about the MN High School Cycling League to all the girls and women you know! Tell them about the NICA GRiT MN events. Direct them to the NICA GRiT Facebook Page, the MN High School Cycling Facebook Page or to the MN High School Cycling League website.
Want to stay connected with the latest news?
Join the MN League Single Track Times newsletter today!
For real time updates