Hi - and welcome to the world of the Minnesota High School Cycling League!
The Minnesota High School Cycling League is a state-wide independent activity provider for student-athletes in 6th to 12th grade. Our mission is to build strong bodies, strong minds and strong character through cycling, regardless of ability level.
Simply put, we get kids on bikes. Student-athletes from 6th through 12th grade come from all corners of the state to participate in races and programs. The majority of these kids have never ridden a mountain bike, let alone raced prior to participating in the league. Our association has grown from just over a hundred riders to over 1,500 riders!
The MN League has become more than a racing program, we are a youth development program. Our racing season is in the fall. While most of our student-athletes race, some don't, but they do participate in a great team activity that may become a lifelong sport. Each year we get hundreds of new student-athletes, coaches, volunteers and spectators. We firmly believe that cycling and an outdoor experience will leave a lasting impression on young minds and bodies.
If you haven't done this yet,
- Look for a team near you, then contact a coach, or send an inquiry to email@example.com .
- Practices Start in July for a fall racing season ending near Halloween each year
- Attend a Try it Out Session held throughout the summer
- Starting late in the season is tougher, because the kids will all have experience, and it shows in the race events
The coach is your Point Person to guide you through this, regarding the team, training your rider, advising on equipment, needing your support. They are trained and certified.
The coach will get your started with your team, and then invite you via email to log in to the NICA Pitzone where you will register for the league, fill in paperwork electronically, pay for races.
NICA GRiT MN - is the organization that supports girl riders. We encourage boy and girl riders, however this provides a little more community for girls who may be hesitant to ride. Women coaches and staff are available.
Signup for Single Track Times to come right to your email address. Single Track Times is a Periodic Newsletter with upcoming events and subject-specific articles. Using the Pitzone to Register will automatically sign you up.
Look at our Facebook Site!
Want to know how else we Communicate? How do you signup? When? Read this!
Browse a Reading List, Search the site or just look around in the MN High School Cycling League Website to discover:
- Who we are: values, staff, who to contact
- Event schedules: Races, Race Flyers, Results & Photos, camps and league activities
- Reading Lists to Guide you through a lot of content
- MN League Programs - beyond the race season
- Our sponsors
At the Races: Several Options on the website will give you an idea of what to expect at a race:
- A 'Race Flyer' tells everything there is to know about each race, including registration deadlines/costs, directions, parking, pre-ride information and expected day race schedule. View all Race Flyers for the current race season at http://www.minnesotamtb.org/events.
- A Wiki Feature and FAQ's explaining terminology, facilities at the race, race etiquette, Race FAQs
- Check out our Rider Reading List, great for new rider and their families.
- Look at photos of our League!
Get Involved! Volunteer for the races. There are many volunteer positions, and we need you. You will meet other parents, the race core staff and it's Fun!
Watch your rider race. Encourage them. Feed them. They are taking on a challenge that will help them grow.