What is a Try-it-Out?
A Try-It-Out Session is a chance to give mountain biking a try, whether it's your first time or you just want to meet other racers! Student-athletes who will be in 6th - 12th grades in 2018 are eligible for Try-It-Out Sessions.
Meet MN League coaches at a trail. Bring your friends. Bring your own bike (or borrow one of the awesome demo bikes available from the MN High School Cycling League). The coaches provide basic instruction depending on your experience level, check equipment, and get you riding.
There are several Try-it-Out sessions scheduled at various locations during the summer. Teams outside of the metro area can request a try-it-out session by e-mailing email@example.com.
Also, take a look at Dirt School, a new MN League Program that might also appeal to new riders. See more at Dirt School.
Do You Want to Try-It-Out?
- Find a Date that works for you
- Register for the session (this ensures we have the coaches and bikes ready for you)
- Show up at the location 15 minutes early for a 6PM Start Time
- 'Bring it or Wear It' - review the items listed on the registration form
- Try it Out and have some fun on a bike!
What to Expect
- Each Rider arrives at the location with a parent/guardian, at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time for checkin
- For the 1st 30 Minutes, Coaches will
- Check in registered riders
- Collect the parent-signed waiver
- Talk to riders and families
- Check required rider equipment: bikes, helmet, closed-toed shoes
- Loaner Bikes will be distributed at the location (if requested during registration)
- Loaner Helmets will be available
- Do a quick bike check
- Provide basic instruction depending on rider experience level
- Discuss the ride
- The actual ride will take about 60 minutes
There will be approximately 10 student riders to a coach, including at least one female coach.