Girls Riding Together (GRiT) is an initiative to get more girls (and women) on bikes. Programs are run throughout the summer to recruit and retain female student-athletes and female coaches. Programs include:
- Ambassador Program
- Student-Athlete Social Rides
- Women’s Specific On-The-Bike-Skills
- Moms on Bikes
- Women’s History Month Panels
Have questions or are you interested in helping? Please contact us!
MN GRiT Webinar Archive
Know a female-identifying athlete who may be curious about joining the MN League? Wondering what other girls in the League […]
What’s it like to be a female-identifying athlete in the Minnesota Interscholastic Cycling League? In this first of two panels […]
Summary: This course is a supplement to Leaders’ Summit for new coaches in 2021 held by the Minnnesota Interscholastic Cycling […]
Summary: Creating a space for young marginalized cyclists so they can see bikes in their competitive, recreational, transportational, and professional […]
MN GRiT Ambassador Program
What is a GRiT Ambassador?
- Outgoing personality
- Spirit of inclusivity
- Desire to see others succeed just as much as (if not more than!) you do
- Respect for self and others
- PASSION for getting #moregirlsonbikes
GRiT ambassadors play an important role for their teams!
- Identify potential team members in your school and community and encourage them to try it out.
- Make an effort to greet, talk to and include all new team members.
- Assist their coaches in teaching skills to female teammates as requested.
- They are encouragers! They look for those teammates who may be struggling and encourage them in those areas where they may need help.
- They assist coaches with any other duties that they need help with. This may include planning team parties, race day warm-ups and social media management.
- They assist in leading GRiT team/region/league rides.
- They assist in planning and carrying out GRiT events on race-day such as volunteering at the GRiT tent and updating the GRiT social media feeds.
The skills that we aim to teach each GRiT ambassador include, but are not limited to:
- Organization & Planning
- Communication & Teaching skills
- Develop fundamental MTB skills throughout the season
NICA GRiT AMBASSADOR BENEFITS
- NICA GRiT shirt to wear at GRiT events.
- Being a GRiT Ambassador can count towards service hours
- List GRiT Ambassador on your college resume or job applications